Tecomet’s Acquisition of Teleflex, Inc.’s Ortho Business
|Client||Tecomet is a Wilmington, Massachusetts-based contract manufacturer serving branded product customers in the orthopedic medical device industry, aerospace and other high tech end markets|
|Ownership||Tecomet is a portfolio company of Boston-based Charlesbank Capital Partners|
|Seller||Teleflex, Inc. is a global provider of medical devices used in critical care and surgery; the OEM business sold includes the Beere Medical® and SMD® brand product lines|
|Transaction||Tecomet acquired 100% of the assets of the OEM business|
“Kinsella Group was hired on two separate occasions to identify strategic targets for Tecomet. The first engagement resulted in the purchase of a business that moved Tecomet into a new, attractive business segment. The second engagement had a decided focus on Europe and resulted in the generation of a robust list of potential acquisitions…I would recommend Kinsella Group as a resource for any company in the medtech sector wishing to grow through acquisition.”
- Bill Dow, President & CEO, Tecomet
- KGI was engaged by Tecomet to conduct a very tightly focused acquisition search.
- The OEM business was not marketed for sale but rather was developed through KGI’s knowledge of and network in the medical device contract manufacturing sector.
- KGI was instrumental in identifying the opportunity and providing access to senior management of Teleflex.
- The transaction broadened the size and scope of Tecomet’s product offerings to its markets.
- Beere Medical® offers one of the world’s largest collections of custom surgical instruments used for orthopedic and spinal procedures.
- SMD® is a market leader in micro-machined products ranging from simple components to complex devices.