Squadron Capital’s Acquisition of Structure Medical
|Client||Squadron Capital LLC is a Granby, Connecticut-based Family Office investor with a portfolio of medical contract manufacturing businesses|
|Ownership||Squadron’s investor is James N. Pritzker|
|Seller||Structure Medical is a contract manufacturer of highly complex medical instruments used in orthopedic applications|
|Transaction||Squadron acquired 70% of the membership interests of Structure Medical, LLC|
- KGI was engaged by Squadron to execute an acquisition search assignment focused on precision machining, primarily of medical devices.
- Structure Medical was not marketed for sale but rather was developed through KGI’s knowledge of and contacts in the medical device contract manufacturing sector.
- KGI negotiated major terms of the LOI which was executed by the parties and led to negotiation and execution of a definitive agreement.
- Squadron was one of six active suitors.
- Aggressive, persistent and persuasive negotiating by KGI led to a successful transaction closing.