Direct Medical Data’s Sale to Aptilon Holdings Inc.
|Client||Direct Medical Data, LLC develops, markets and sells software applications that extract the value from healthcare provider databases which are licensed, sourced, or owned by the Company|
|Ownership||Three partners with 80+ years combined industry experience|
|Buyer||Aptilon Holdings Inc. is Canadian public company (TSX:APZ) that provides e-marketing solutions designed for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry|
|Transaction||Aptilon acquired 100% of the assets of DMD and an affiliated company|
|Consideration||Cash, debt and stock|
- The Partners acquired the non-performing data processing division of Acxiom Corp. and grew revenues from $1.5 million to $9.2 over 7 years.
- KGI was engaged to create liquidity for the Partners so two of the three could retire
- KGI prepared a Confidential Information Memorandum and contacted over 100 prospective buyers.
- A dozen offers were submitted and management meetings were conducted with select prospects.
- The Partners ultimately closed a deal with the buyer who offered the best combination of economic, cultural and strategic fits.
- Intense negotiations resulted in an extraordinary outcome for the Client.
- The Company continues to operate under Aptilon Holdings